Saturday 11 August 2012

Do me a favour...

Because I am easily distracted and am thinking more about the fun bits of the wedding planning, I'm considering what we might give as favours.

We've changed our minds several times between not bothering, bothering, or not bothering, and so this morning I have decided that maybe we should bother. Either way, I am certain it would be much more thoughtful to hand-make whatever treats we end up giving to our guests.

I have a little idea in mind that I might try and have a go at this afternoon (if I can be bothered nipping to the shop for some butter), but in the meantime have found these lovely ideas for homemade favours of the edible variety which I love, love, love!


1. How cute are these gingerbread button biscuits I found on Briggslekehus?! I reckon these would be really easy to make just using circular cookie cutters and a skewer to do the holes...

2. I love the idea of creating my own sweet packaging! The recipe AND the label artwork is available for these from Bakerella, but I suppose even just bagging up shop-bought sweets would be a nice touch. Might spoil people's dinner though...

3. These cookies are a little more 'grown-up' but I do love the decoration. Even one or two of these with some lovely packaging would do the trick. Amber Spiegel is selling them through her Etsy store, which is just as well as I'm not sure my decorating skills (or patience) can stretch that far!

4. I absolutely LOVE this little pot of homemade Rosehip Jelly! The recipe for the jelly itself (along with many other lovely things) can be found here on the Fancy Tiger Crafts blog and is such a brilliant way of using up fabric scraps. I have a pile of old Liberty fabric swatches just begging to be used for something. Perhaps this could be it!?

Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.